INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Guijia

 

Guijia

This big guy has to be my favorite tag. My other big project in 2020 was my IA and I worked on a 2nd wave of these guys in October and November at a steady pace beginning with this guy.  I think my painting queue had become unintentionally too big by the end of the year and I was falling in to a bit of painting fatigue (as well as Covid lockdown fatigue).  So it took a bit of mental effort to keep things going.  With that in mind I started my IA wave 2 on the biggest, baddest model to reignite my painting enthusiasm, instead of leaving the big one till last.

I really got a kick out of altering the freehand to fit in with my Blue Banner themed army.  I also loved working the black metal parts.  However I was most satisfied doing the lighting and blending on the yellow/orange armour panels. So much so that I couldn't bear to to scar them with deep battle damage and only did paint chips to the freehand unit markings. I have to admit that painting fatigue and massive queue played a large part in this choice also but I'm ok with this for now.  Regardless, this guy is still my favourite TAG and I'm happy with my rendition of him.


















Pilot



360 view













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YU JING PAINTING GUIDE: YAN HUO

INFINITY DEFIANCE OUTCAST O-12: Gamma Unit

INFINITY JSA: Japanese Secessionist Army On Parade