INFINITY STARCO: KNAUF


INFINITY STARCO: KNAUF front

Knauf

The most (in)famous merc in Infinity.  I really like this guy, but wasn't as much of a fan of the Dire Foes version compared to the Limited Edition one.  Lucky for me I got my hands on the Limited Edition Miniature plus the Outrage manga on ebay for a good price.  Part of the fun of starting Infinity has been hunting down all these limited edition miniatures that mostly seem to fall into the Mercs faction.  But it's also a bit frustrating that many of the best sculpts are so hard to come by, which makes me really value getting them, but I wouldn't be upset if they became more widely available for all to enjoy.

I painted Knauf in a palette very similar to the studio one.  However, whilst I did use the Studio Pano blues, I kept the overall tone darker, so I could more closely match the artwork of Knauf in the Outrage book.  I also used this blue combo to differentiate Knauf subtly from my Druze, but also tie him in with my Brawlers and other mercs that may find themselves working for StarCo on occasion.  The main difference with Knauf and my Ikari/Druze Mercs is the use of red and blue on Knauf, red being a primary colour of StarCo, and compared to the blue/orange combo I used on the bad guys.

Overall it was a fairly straightforward model to paint. The glowing hexes in the cape were fun to do and I deliberately avoided highlighting the black bits as this detracts from the glow effect. The camo took ages though. Lastly, I had a lot of trouble doing the freehand icon on his shoulder so small and I messed it up many times before it turned out ok.  I think my eyes ended up giving out on me and I should have rested more often to avoid this but I wanted to get the Knauf finished in a couple of painting sessions only.


INFINITY: KNAUF merc
INFINITY: KNAUF symbol side
INFINITY: KNAUF camo rear


INFINITY: KNAUF sniper
INFINITY: KNAUF Limited Edition
INFINITY: KNAUF Outrage Limited Edition - front
INFINITY: KNAUF Outrage Limited Edition blue - front

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YU JING PAINTING GUIDE: YAN HUO

INFINITY DEFIANCE OUTCAST O-12: Gamma Unit

INFINITY JSA: Japanese Secessionist Army On Parade