Yu Jing Painting Guide Thought I'd put together a bit of a step by step guide to painting Yu Jing armour using my Yan Huos. I've included how to do the contrasting black and metal sections because breaking down a miniature into easily paintable sections is crucial to being able to paint neatly and quickly by minimising mistakes and reworking colours. These Yu Jing guys have two main sections to do: Yellow armour panels and black/metal armour cables and weapons. Each section is done in three stages: Base colour, shading and then highlighting. I used Vallejo colours and followed the colour palette used by Angel Giraldez in the Yu Jing painting set . I don't have the set myself but I just guessed how he used them based on the colour selection within the set. I use brushes only because my airbrush is a bit dead and I spend more time cleaning it than painting lol! But to be honest I'm just more comfortable using a brush and only really find an airbrush useful for pain...
Gamma Unit The big guy was left till last. I used all the colours and details from my other O-12 on this guy. He is a very cool mini. Reminds me of the exo suits from the game Deus Ex. Infact the police force from Deus Ex is where I drew the most inspiration for my O-12 colour scheme. O-12 are now all done!
Yáokòng Remotes The new sculps are most welcome for these REMS (the old ones were pretty rough). These guys were my final Yu Jing for 2020 and round out my fully armoured IA force (it has no cheerleaders or any other squishy members). I would add the larger drones too if they were resculpted but the old ones are a bit of a mess of a design that I'm not keen on. One thing I like about the studio Yáokòngs is the interesting patterns and unit designs. But I wanted to mix this up a bit for my Yáokòngs so I added more black to the unit markings to tie them in better with my IA force. They were fun to paint and I nice way to finish up my Yu Jing project for 2020. Yáokòng Remote Hùsòng (HMG) Yáokòng Remote Son-bae (Smart Missile Launcher)
Comments
Post a Comment