INFINITY YU JING INVINCIBLE ARMY: Zuyong Invincibles



Zuyong Invincibles

So these guys are the link team that is the backbone of the Invincible Army.  I wanted them to be yellow like the poster boys on the artworks and boxes. So the question was how could I make them a bit different to the studio collection?  After looking at yellow sci fi armours on the web, in the end I went with the Giraldez yellow palette but limited the other colours to black and glowing blue (There is a bit of white only on their shoulder emblems).  They kinda remind me of Transformer's Bumblebee crossed with Kill Bill's the Bride and I have to say I'm rather fond of this callback, given I'm a bit of a movie and toy buff. Anyway's its cool to have a totally power armored army to work on in Infinity.


Multi Rifle

Infinity Zuyong Invincibles Multi Rifle - Front
This guy was the test model for the whole army, taken from the Red Veil Box.









Boarding Shotgun

Infinity Zuyong Invincibles Shotgun - front
This lil' lady was the first I painted in the army set but long after I did the test model, so it took me while to remember what I did the first time. Why the flat nose instead of pointy?









Missile Launcher

Infinity Zuyong Invincibles Missile Launcher - front
This chonky guy was satisfying to do as I felt like I had got my groove on painting the Yu Jing yellow.









Combi Rifle

Infinity Zuyong Invincibles Combi Rifle - Front
Last one in the team I did I was able to do by the numbers as I felt like I finally had good command of doing yellow.  It's not as hard as you think.  I still did a black undercoat like I usually do, I just made sure to paint brown as a base colour over the armour panels first before applying the yellow.










One day I'll add the HMG to the team...

Comments

  1. First things first: great minis and great painting as always!

    You could use the helmeted version of Quiang Gao from Defiance as a zuyong with HMG if you aren't a fan of the official HMG zuyong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Actually I like the hmg, but i just don’t have him yet. Also, I’ve pledged for Defiance so I plan to add Gao to the army. So much to paint this year and not enough time...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YU JING PAINTING GUIDE: YAN HUO

INFINITY DEFIANCE OUTCAST O-12: Gamma Unit

INFINITY JSA: Japanese Secessionist Army On Parade